Saturday, November 06, 2004

Sparkly New Bike



79mm equiv, 30 sec at f/8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

This is my entry for the Photofriday challenge - 'Radiant'.

I think I might be making a series out of these type of shots without realising it. The first one that got my imagination going would of course be
Laser Chair. I wasn't sure whether to enter this or the chair pic for the Radiant challenge.

This was taken using the multiple exposure feature on my camera (2 shots overlaid, if only I had a DSLR...). My girlfriend bought me some little small indoor sparklers, I'm going to go out today and buy some big monster ones, then see what else I can trace around.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very cool. The sparkles almost look fake (but in a good way :) like they were created on a computer and used as a effect in a movie. Awesome.

/Kenneth.

3:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!,
Great image ! I am definately an amateur photographer. I have been published 3 times and always appreciate the "unusual" or creative.
Thinking out of the box is a great way to capture some great things. The thing I like most about your pic is the way the brick is illuminated from the sparklers. It gives the pic an edgy feel to it.

7:58 pm  
Blogger btezra said...

~crazy results here, very eye-catching image~

btezra ~ http://www.whatthehellhappenedlastnight.com/photos/

8:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god damn good idea! love it.

danny (a.funnytimeofyear.com)

9:58 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

Thanks for the comments everyone, I really do appreciate people taking the time to say something.

Glad also to hear that the idea was quite a new and interesting take for most people. I'm definitely going to do more of this, more angles and subjects - but without doing it to death.

5:30 pm  
Blogger David Renaud said...

This Sparkly Bike image and the Laser Chair are great, being visually appealing yet mysterious. Keep making more like this.

6:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this effect. Very well done. Wondering what colored filers would do with this technique. Glad to have bumped into this.
dp

1:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home