Saturday, October 30, 2004

Faith



210mm, 1.5 sec at f/3.1, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

This was my entry to the Fujimugs 'Glass' challenge. It didn't do particularly well, but if I'm honest I really thought it was better than quite a few that just beat it (but no top ten contender). I'm not bitter, but I do think a non-traditional composition works against an entry. In this shot I tried to convey the detail and colour of the glass rather than the actual scene it portrays.

As always I'd appreciate your comments folks.

3 Comments:

Blogger mushsis said...

I'm not a religious person, but I have to say, these colours are simply divine!

overall a great photo imho

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right about traditional photos having more chance in a competition. I always come last at my local club comps. I like this one anyway.
Oh, and cheers for you comments, ironically that picture came last in a club comp last wednesday. They didn't like the lack of DOF.

12:56 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

again, as one of the religious, shows how we look in all the wrong places. i know zilch about photography so to me how you shot it is really clever.

6:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home