Sunday, November 14, 2004

Globe



57mm equiv, 1/13 sec at f/8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

This is an image I took a few weeks ago, I feel like I should post something. Tonight my S7000 did it's very best to piss me off. Things I hate about this Fuji? Firstly I hate the AF in low light. It's rubbish, slow and innaccurate. So to combat this I have to keep switching back and forth between record and play modes to check the shots for focus. This I could just about put up with, but the kick in the teeth is that when you do switch to play the lens will randomly decide to retract back into the housing (thus loosing the settings where it had previously been). If it was constant and predictable I could live with it, but sometimes it does it after 1 second, sometimes it might take a minute.

So tonight I was out taking shots then quickly switching to play, zooming in to check focus, getting half-way there and then hearing the lens motor kick in to retract it back, swearing, and repeating the whole thing. I got home with a bunch of useless shots. Donations for a DSLR welcome :D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love this. so cool.

7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daaave - I know what you mean about the s7k low-light performance, and the annoying lens retraction thing. I set mine up to preview images - it's a pain having to confirm every shot, but you can take as much time as desired after hitting the shutter to check the histogram, check focus etc.

I have to say though, you are doing really well with the low-light stuff on the s7k. I really like your eye for composition - might have to start a photo-a-day thingy myself as the practice has certainly improved your skills. Great work.

Ash

4:20 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home