Saturday, March 05, 2005

Baldie



210mm equiv, 1/100 sec at f/3.1, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

Yay, finally another post!

Sorry I've not updated in aaaaaages, but I've been busy and the weather has been awful. I almost didn't take this today because it started to snow on the way to the falconry centre...

On the downside, this isn't really as sharp as it should be as it was so cold I couldn't stop shaking. Plus I'm really starting to notice the lack of reach with the lens on the Fuji (this shot is a crop), I won't buy a teleconverter because I know the optics will be...not all that great. I'll put the money into my DSLR piggy bank instead.

4 Comments:

Blogger mushsis said...

despite your self-deprecating remarks, this IS a great capture :)
I really like the crop, and the yellow of the beak and the texture of those feathers - wonderful.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

Cool, cheers. I know I can be a bit down on shots that are good, it's just that I know I can do so much better sometimes!

We didn't get to see this bad-boy fly, but we saw the >6ft wing span golden eagle stretch his wings. It looked like was going to break tree branches when he landed...

Thanks for commenting.

10:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wood be gratfull if you would leave the bird shots to me Dave, it is my area of experteeze.

12:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from morris

12:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home