Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Star Wars



24mm equiv, 15 sec at f/2.8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

My girlfriend thought this looked like something from Star Wars and I agree, although I think I'll post another view if this tomorrow that portrays this even more.

Technically speaking this isn't great, the photograph was unbeliveably noisey, so I had to run quite a severe noise reduction on it, infact have a look at this 100% crop to see what I mean. Also as usual the S7000 did it's best to screw up the focussing at night. What use is a pitch black LCD, and no easy manual method of focussing on infinity...?


If anyone has any tips on reducing the pink colour cast on the pylon, but not the sky (without having to spend hours selecting it from the background) - I'd love to know. The colours in this are quite different from the original, I tweaked the temperature and tint in the RAW converter.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've captured an amazing blend of colours, wonderful. The shape of this power mast is very unusual, as you said it could be the tail of a huge Star Destroyer (under construction), or a massive robot (like those AT-ATs). I would say that the noise removal filters have done an amazing job, considering the original crop you've linked to.
http://photo.persianstudents.org/

11:20 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

Yeah the noise reduction did quite a good job, but the saviour really is the resolution that it's displayed at here. Thanks for your comments.

6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home