Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Getaway



24mm equiv, 1.2 sec at f/8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

I washed my car today so I thought it would be just rude if I didn't take any pictures of it.

It's been a while since I've used the suction pad, and I've now got a longer extension bar for it (thanks Ben), so I thought I'd give it a go. Problem now is that because the camera is even further away from the car there are even more vibrations.

I'd love to hear if anyone knows how the 'pros' take these type of shots for car mags. They bolt on some type of equipment and it enables the camera body to be miles from the car and therefore give a nice wide view. Their equipment allows them to take shots that are just sooo pin sharp.

Oh and you can see my previous photographs taken with this equipment here (plus a few after that). Oh, and this is my entry for the Photo Friday challenge - 'Action'.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think this shot is too blurred at all. Considering the rigs some of these magazine guys use run into the humdreds of pounds, you should be more than happy with the results you're getting.

9:16 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

Yeah I think this shot is just about sharp enough, but loads of the other shots (~30-40) were blurred. Obviously many of them had poor lighting, bad reflections etc. But even still, to look at the camera whilst I'm inching along and see it bouncing around all over the place isn't great!

As for the money, well I'd consider spending a good few hundred pounds on some good gear as I love this type of photography, but it's so dependant on the equipment that without spending the cash I can't really move on a lot (it seems anyway so far).

8:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im not the biggest fan of that particular angle. But leave the engine off when working on automovie photography like this, I've done quite a bit, not to say I am the greatest, but I always got what I was after, and I went to a lot of bigger name automotive photographers for advice.

11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home