Monday, April 18, 2005

Motionless



79mm equiv, 1/70 sec at f/3, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

You have got to love that bokeh! I didn't think my camera lens was capable of creating such pleasing bokeh. Well I'm sure compared to even mid-range SLR glass it's still pretty poor, and it does have some strange lines and angles to it, but I still think it looks really interesting.

As for the butterfly, it's pretty cool too. Stayed dead still for ages, I was practically touching it with my lens whilst taking this. Oh that reminds me - cheap-ish close up filters? What a waste of time. The AF gets confused and I'm damned if I'm going to use a crappy electronic viewfinder for close-up focussing. So the filter wasn't out long before it got put back in the bag again.

3 Comments:

Blogger nogger said...

I really like this and "Standing High". Excellent stuff.

Also shows how Spring comes ealier in some parts of the country than others. Not seen any butterflies round here yet.

1:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very detailed macro shot. I like close-ups like this because I always have a hard time getting them just right. But you did a great job in this pic. How's he holding on?

3:13 am  
Blogger Daaave said...

Nogger - I was in an indoor butterfly farm!

Dav'd - I'm not sure how butterflies hold on in this kind of position. They must have litle hooks on their feet. It's not a lot of effeort for them anyway because this guy was there for ages.

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home