Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pull The Plug




Camera: Canon 20D
Lens: EF 17-40 f/4L @ 17mm (27mm equiv)
Exposure: 603 sec at f/8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

I wish, I wish, I wish I had knocked the ISO down and exposed this for much longer (yes ok Bob!). I didn't see that I had caught the North Star in this shot and I now wish the trails were much longer. Oh well, another time.

By the way, this took bloody ages to process in photoshop. Mostly because I was messing about trying different stuff and reading my trusty photoshop book. The nice thing was, in the end I shut the file down and started fresh and did it all properly in about 10 minutes. I learned some cool new sharpening techniques to bring out the stars, and I'm glad to say I mixed and matched parts of different techniques from the book and added in a bit of my own stuff to get the best result. I think I'm actually starting to know roughly what I'm doing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home