Monday, September 19, 2005

WRC Wales 2005




Camera: Canon 20D
Lens: EF 70-200 f/4L @ 188mm (300mm equiv)
Exposure: 1/250 sec at f/13, ISO 800
Next :: Current :: Previous

I went to the Millenium Stadium on Saturday to see the World Rally Championship roll into town. The rally legend Colin McRae was driving for the fist time in a few years, and this shot shows him attacking a double apex corner.

But any of you who follow the rallying will have heard some very sad news. Michael 'Beef' Park was sadly killed on one of the final stages the next day. He was Markko Martins co-driver. I would have posted a picture here, but the only shot I had of their car from the previous night was out of focus.

I feel very sorry for the family that Michael leaves behind. He risked his life to have a good laugh and entertain thousands and thousands of people like me. Thankyou Michael.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice shot.

And very sorry for the sad news about Michael Park. May he rest in peace.

2:41 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

That's very true Peter. That puts me off this photograph too. I found it difficult to get enough motion blur in the cars without having trouble with handshake/camera blur.

8:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home