Monday, June 27, 2005

Triumph Dolomite Sprint



Canon 10D 105mm equiv, 1/250 sec at f/4.5, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

This is a 1974 Triumph Dolomite Sprint. This 235bhp Group 2 car set the 2 litre lap record of 99.92mph around the 1975 Silverstone TT.

I was at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday, and it was class as always. In retrospect I didn't see as much as I could have. But this time it was purely on a photographic mission, and the main lesson was 'panning'.

I went with a couple of other guys who were keen on the photography side too, Terry allowed me to use his Canon 10D with EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens. My opinion? Much easier to pick up and use than the Nikon D70. The actual photographs were very similar, possibly the Canon having a slight lead on the metering.

And Lewis used my little Fuji. We got covered in dust, expensive cameras and all. Kinda difficult to stay out of it when a Group A World Rally Car blasts sideways a few metres past you. But it was still good fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home