Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bristol Biking



Nikon D70 112mm equiv, 1/100 sec at f/16, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

Bristol's Biggest Bike Ride happened on Sunday, so I decided I'd get out in the scorching early morning / midday sun to try my panning skills with the D70.

Result? Bloody difficult. I realise that panning is something that you have to take time to really learn, but the screen on the D70 wasn't helping me much. I tried to zoom in on some shots I'd taken to check for blur in the wrong places and it was really hard to see. To be fair to the camera, it was very bright, but I felt it could have been better.

So as a result I ended up with many, many exposures in the recycle bin. But I did catch about 3 or 4 almost spot on. I was working in shutter priority, trying a multitude of shutter speeds to catch the right amount of background blur whilst still giving me a chance to track the subject and keep them sharp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home