Friday, May 20, 2005

Pagani Zonda



44mm equiv, 1/34 sec at f/4.5, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

This is a Pagani Zonda, and I was lucky enough to spend a whole afternoon and evening with it.

Oh...my...god...this car completely redefined my understanding of 'fast'. I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear as I was sat in the passenger seat whilst we grabbed gear after gear. But what made it all the better was that it came out to play because I was available to take photographs of it...

To make things little more interesting, Jonathan (the driver) invited some friends along. One in a yellow Ferrari 355 and the other in a...Ferrari F40.

I have never had a better laugh in my car than the time I spent chasing these 3 cars around to find our first photo location. I would be cruising along behind them watching ahead for a gap in the traffic to appear, waiting for the pop, bang and scream of the F40 downshift and we're off.

Let's just say we were going 'fast' but keeping it constant and then to my surprise, the F40 would downshift again with the same noise but this time with a flash of flame...they all take off like I wasn't moving.

The best 5 hours of my life? Quite possibly, and a day I won't forget for a long time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a great shot. the clarity and colour are superb. how did you manage to shoot it? was the camera set up on some kind of rig?

10:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zoom...................

Nice photograph.

Rock

12:25 pm  
Blogger Daaave said...

Thanks.

Craig - I took this whilst I was hanging out of the sunroof on my car whilst a friend drove. It takes teamwork to get shots like this I think!

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home