Monday, May 16, 2005

Maximum Attack



35mm equiv, 1/50 sec at f/8, ISO 200
Next :: Current :: Previous

I had a brilliant day out yesterday, I met up with a couple of guys who are perhaps even more obsessed by cars than me, and we took some photos. What would I do without Jonathan and Andy? Huge thanks to Jonathan for letting me shoot his immaculate Ferrari GTS Turbo, I can't remember the last time I saw such a perfect car outside of a showroom! I owe Andy a massive favour now for introducing us - cheers boss!

Anyway, we used the suction mount and took some photographs, loads came out blurred and I'm sure the 'pros' don't have these difficulties to this extent. I'm going to have to get clever I think with a solution...

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an article in Bike magazine a few months ago by Chippy Wood, a very,very good biking photographer. He tends to use old estate cars and pickups driven by friends so he can hang out the back and control the camera better. He also uses flash alot to help sharpen the image, both slow-sync and fill-in.

You may not be into bikes but 'Bike' Magazine is worth getting occasionally for his shots. They might inspire you.

10:46 am  
Blogger Daaave said...

I'll have to look into that, cheers sparx. I was thinking about hanging out of Andy's car as he drove along beside the Ferrari. I might have to try it sooner than later...I might have another opportunity with another car pretty soon!

As for the flash, you're probably right, but I don't have a 'proper' hotshoe mounted flash so I generally avoid using the inbuilt unit. As such I've got limited experience with it, something I plan to fix in the future.

10:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home