Sunday, January 29, 2006

So What?




Camera: Canon 20D
Lens: EF 17-40 f/4L @ 17mm (27mm equiv)
Exposure: 1/80 sec at f/6.3, ISO 400
Next :: Current :: Previous

I love how most of the Indian locals don't even blink an eyelid when there's an elephant walking down a busy shopping street. I say most, because it's still an event for some of them.

After it had finished raining in the previous shots, we continued down the street only to find this guy and his elephant walking from shop to shop. The shop owners were coming out and giving something to the elephant, then it would reach up with it's trunk and pat them on the head as a type of blessing, or thank you I think. So being the silly tourists we were, we started looking in our bags for some biscuits or something to feed the elephant... We soon worked out and the locals weren't feeding the elephant, but giving it money!

So I got my couple of Rupees out and over came the elephant. I dropped the coins in the trunk and up it came to pat me on the head. I'm a bit taller than the average Indian, so I didn't so much get a pat on the head as a thump on the noggin. I went away happy though, but we never did work out where the hell the elephant put all the coins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home