Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Holga Putt



210mm, 1/56 sec at f/5.6, ISO 200 (heavy Photoshop edit)
Next :: Current :: Previous

Ok, this is a dangerous post. Firstly the original of this image is rubbish, boring, recycle bin material. But just earlier I was looking through some other photoblogs and got interested (as usual) in some Holga / Lomo photos that people had taken. If you have no idea what these are, I suggest you look here. So in the spirit of the carefree style these cameras encourage, I thought I'd try and quickly 'shop one of my images to make it look as if it was taken on a cheap plastic lens Chinese camera. Any more than 10 minutes spent in Photoshop seemed like missing the whole point, so I rushed it on purpose.

Here's where the danger comes in, fans of the cameras will probably curse me forever as it probably looks nothing like a Holga image in their mind. Danger #2 comes into play when non-fans visit the site and are greeted with this pic and they move straight on because they just think it looks like a rubbish out of focus mess.

Anyway, less talk, more photos - enjoy.

Edit >> In true east3rd style, I've decided to post an alternate version of this pic. I've sepia toned it, and removed some of the vignette where it was perhaps a bit too even. Tell me what you think.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try it in black and white and make the vignetting a little less regular. The unpredicatable DOF is pretty good though. Obviously, as an analogue photographer i can't condone this sort of behaviour but it is a nice idea. :-)

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home